A tablet is a powerful tool for small businesses. A tablet’s large screen is ideal for presentations, graphs, and images, while the portable design often makes it more convenient than a laptop. If you’re often on the go and require a large screen to share information with employees or clients, a tablet could be the ideal choice for you. Here are 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises.
Before spending in a tab, it is important to look at what features it offers and whether those features are necessary for your business. The best tablets for small businesses should enhance connectivity and portability, deliver the kind of performance you need, and remain affordable.
How to choose a tablet
Companies can use tablets for all kinds of functions including payment processing, fieldwork, and media consumption. You may also want to make a distinction between executives and employees who need different types of tablets for their differing roles in the company (primary versus secondary, or even rugged devices, depending on the worksite). Hence considering your use of tab you should look for the right size, battery life, processor, storage, and external ports for accessories.
- Storage: If your business generates a lot of documents, photos, videos, and multimedia assets that you want to keep with you make sure you buy a tablet that has adequate storage for your needs. Storage is available anywhere from 16GB all the way up to 1TB.
- Battery life: It is quite a bit depending on the size of the device, but you’re generally looking at between 6,000mAh and 8,000mAh, sometimes dipping into the 3,000mAh range for smaller devices. Read some reviews and get an idea of how the capacity translates into hours of real-world usage.
- Powerful Cameras: Tablet cameras are usually considered more of a convenience than a vital feature. Nonetheless, most tablets come equipped with front and rear cameras that may prove useful depending on your needs. Front-facing cameras are handy for video conferencing and video chats via Skype, FaceTime, and other services. Rear cameras may be useful for scanning documents.
- Wi-Fi: This comes standard for all tablets and most support the fastest Wi-Fi standards available at the time of purchase — the 802.11ac standard, even if your office has an older router.
- Processor: Processors vary widely and are sometimes specific to the manufacturer, such as Apple’s iPad A12X chip. You might check out the processor online to see how fast it is and how it compares with others.
- Speakers: Tab speakers are utilitarian as opposed to premium, but sub-par audio can seriously mar the tablet experience. Make sure that the sound quality is decent when you check out the reviews of tablets you’re considering or better go to a store like Best Buy, which may have a few demo tablets out and listen for yourself. If you play music, get one with speakers on either side for optimal sound separation.
- Expandable memory: Some tablets include SD card slots, a handy feature that lets you add storage space as needed.
- LTE connection: Moreover, you may not want to use available Wi-Fi for online communications. LTE connectivity can get you online anywhere. You’ll need to add your tablet to your mobile data subscription plan from a wireless provider to get everything up and running.
Once you’ve come to a conclusion about the requirements, evaluate various models that meet the needs of your company.
Here are the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021 for you can use for your specific business needs:
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 comes with its 10.5-inch super AMOLED screen and Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. With its larger 11-inch screen, LCD rather than Super AMOLED, it’s the best for attaching Samsung’s keyboard cover and getting some serious work done, even if its screen isn’t as great as the Tab S6 for media streaming. Having the same flagship processor as its predecessor and a 2560 x 1600 resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage or 8GB RAM and 256GB or 512GB storage, as well as an included S Pen for taking and editing notes for work. It is also 5G enabled which is great for video calls or working on the go with an 8,000mAh battery and 45W fast charging. This is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
2. Lenovo Chromebook Duet
The Lenovo Chromebook Duet detachable tablet offers 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a MediaTek Helio P60T processor for an incredible price. The tablet’s distinctive look is amazing with its dual-tone Ice Blue and Iron Grey design and fabric texture. It features an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 10.1-inch, 1920 x 12000-pixel display. It is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
With a battery life of around 10 hours, so it should get you through an average day. It’s fast to boot up in around eight seconds, and the detachable keyboard is comfortable to type on. You can pick up a USI pen from Lenovo for around $40. If you’re looking for something that can operate as a laptop or tablet, this is a good choice, but it’s ideally suited for businesses working primarily off of Google Services. Pick one up right now and you’ll get a free 12-month Google One membership which gives you 100GB of storage.
3. Apple iPad Pro
The Apple iPad Pro is the best tablet available. Apple’s lineup offers a great selection of iPads, including the two iPad Pro models at 12.9 and 11 inches. The 11-inch model is one of the best picks, with its Liquid Retina IPS screen and 2388 x 1668 pixel resolution. It is great for watching videos, iOS multitasking features, and battery life of up to 10 hours, its productivity apps make the iPad Pro an ideal business companion, and with iPadOS 13.4 installed, this iPad Pro comes closer than ever before to becoming a laptop alternative.
Both models have great specs and are available with storage of 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB. It features an 11-inch model that weighs 471 grams and features an A12Z Bionic chip and 8-core graphics processor, which all makes it more powerful than most laptops. There’s a dual camera on the back a 12-megapixel main sensor and a 10-megapixel wide-angle lens. You get Smart HDR, 4K video recording at up to 60 fps, five microphones, and a lidar sensor for measuring distances and there’s a 7-megapixel TrueDepth front camera with Face Unlock too, plus Wi‑Fi (802.11ax Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth 5.0, Face ID, and Apple Pay. It is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
You can also opt for a cellular connection. Apple’s companion hardware, available separately, includes the Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil, AirPods, and more. Right now you can pick up an 11-inch Apple iPad Pro for around $800, but you can add another $150 if you want cellular connectivity.
4. Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro
This is Huawei’s challenge to the iPad. It has a gorgeous 10.8-inch, 2560 x 1600 curved-edge 2.5D glass display. With 82% screen-to-body ratio features a wide view, augmented by a curved metal body that offers an elegant, attractive, and simple industrial design. It has a proprietary Kirin 960 series octa-core chipset and strong Wi-Fi network connectivity with quad stereo speakers tuned and certified by Harman Kardon for excellent audio and video experience with headphones.
The 13-megapixel rear camera coupled with the 8-megapixel front camera offers all the photographic capabilities you need for most tablets. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage and even includes an M Pen. Featuring a 7,500mAh battery and power-saving technology allow for 11 hours of 1080P video viewing. With the built-in Quick Charge, the Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro takes about 2.9 hours to fully charge the device. It is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
This tab has the new Intel 10th-generation Ice Lake processor with three options, starting with the dual-core Core i3-1005G1. With a 12.3-inch screen, it has a mini-DisplayPort for USB-C. Because few monitors include mini-DisplayPort anymore, this USB-C could require fewer dongles and cables since the new port handles power delivery, video output, and data transfer simultaneously. It is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 comes in seven main configurations, including the Intel 4 i3 with 4GB RAM, three Intel Core i5 models with 8GB and 16GB RAM, and storage from 128GB to 256GB, and the Intel Core i7 models with 16GB of RAM and 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB of storage.
6. Amazon Fire HD 10
Some companies use their tablets for almost everything, and even substitute them for laptops when on the road or working at home, but others will have fewer needs and more limited budgets.
This app serves nicely with a 10.1-inch LCD display at 224 pixels-per-inch. With it, you can see any document, video, or image at a wide viewing angle — bright but without glare. It’s an Android tablet, but it runs Amazon’s tweaked version, called Fire OS, so it doesn’t have full access to the Google Play Store, limiting the number of third-party apps and games available.
It comes with 32GB or 64GB of storage and you can expand the storage with a separate MicroSD card. The Fire HD 10 features a 2-megapixel rear-facing camera for shooting photos or 720p video and a 2-megapixel front-facing VGA camera that works fine for Skype conference calls. It is one of the 6 Best Tablets for Small Enterprises in 2021.
It has 12 hours of mixed-use battery life and if gives you more flexibility and is compatible with Alexa for quick access to information, your calendar, and your smart office. Show Mode delivers a hands-free Alexa experience with a home screen that’s optimized for visibility across the room, in addition to Alexa calling and messaging.