Fortnite Battle Royale is popular game now to be enjoyed with your cell phone and as there are various versions of the game, there’s actually cross-play between every version of Fortnite, with the exception of Xbox and PS4 versions of the game. So for example if you’re playing Fortnite with your smartphone, then you could be going up against players on Mac or Android , as well as Xbox or PS4, but not both consoles at the same time. Although Microsoft has stated that it’s open to bridging this gap between Xbox and PS4, Sony has remained non-committal.
Here is the beginner’s guide to this game where you will come to know the basics of the game and which weapons to use to be a winner.
Combat and build mode
Fortnite game obviously works with touch controls, and the controls for the game are basically divided into two modes: combat mode, and build mode. In combat mode, you can hold down the screen to move, tap to crouch, drag across the screen to aim, and tap to shoot. As for the Fortnite Mobile controls when you’re in build mode, you’ll be moving in the same way by dragging your finger in a direction, but the build controls themselves are all touch based, with all your options appearing on the screen at once for you to play around with.
Beginning the game with your smartphone
You can download the game app all free from app stores for your smartphone devices be it IOS or Android. Fortnite Battle Royale, a spin-off from the main game, pits 100 players against one another to crown one as the winner.
When the Battle Royale game begins, you’ll find yourself in a waiting area, right up until all 100 players have loaded into the game. In this area, all you need is to just look around and test for any weapons you find. You’ll definitely want to give automatic weapons a try if you can find them, as there can be some pretty severe weapon recoil to deal with, as well as a randomised bullet spread with automatic weapons.
Jumping from the Battle Bus
Now when the Battle Royale game eventually begins, you’ll be transported to the Battle Bus, and a timer will count down to when you can jump out. Bring up your map to tell which way the Battle Bus is headed, as the starting point of the bus itself will be randomised each game, so you’ll have to always check manually on the map to see if the Bus is due to pass over any landmarks on the map. You’ll need to choose when to jump out of the plane, and ideally aim to land nearby a building on the ground.
This is because the second that you eventually hit the ground, you’ll want to immediately make it to your nearest building, as this is where you can find all the weapons and ammunition in Fortnite Battle Royale. You won’t find any weapons or ammo just out in the wilds of the map, as it’s instead all contained within houses and other buildings. Make sure any ammo you’ve picked up is loaded into your equipped weapons, and then scavenge your surroundings for any useful items you can pick up.
As you start out the game with nothing but a pick axe. You can use this pick axe to destroy any item in the environment, including walls, trees, furniture, and other objects. You’ll gain wood, metal, and stone resources based on the items you destroy with your pick axe, and it is advised that you try and get your hands on a good amount of these material types immediately, as you never know when you’ll have to build items to escape an encounter.
Otherwise, the only other mechanic you’ll have to contend with in Fortnite Battle Royale is the Eye of the Storm. At the very beginning of the game, a minute timer counts down until a white circle is placed on the map. You always want to aim to be in this white circle, as anyone caught in the blue circle that closes in to the white circle will continually take damage. The white circle is called the Eye of the Storm, and as long as you’re inside it, you’ll be protected from the damage of the storm which is the blue circle.
- The first things you should do as soon as you hit the ground are collect any weapons and ammo around you, and demolish anything you can for resources.
- You can always build your way out of any situation, as you can use stairs to scale hills and buildings, and walls to provide a barricade against incoming fire.
- Note that with a large staircase that someone has built, you can destroy the entire thing in one go by shooting the very bottom section, causing the rest of it to collapse.
- Also there is fall damage, and if you shoot a staircase and cause a player to fall from a great height, you can instantly kill them.
- Always open treasure chests! They have a higher loot drop ratio than finding items scattered around the environment, so always make sure to crack them open if you stumble across them.
- If you see a blue flare on the ground, this indicates a loot box will be dropped their via air shortly. Plan around this, as you could claim the loot for yourself, or use it as bait to lure other players.
- The same goes for any loot that opposing players drop when killed. You could collect it for yourself, or you could leave it there and wait for other players to try and claim it.
- Always drink shield potions as soon as you have them. There’s no point saving them for later, as you can free up a space in your inventory, as well as providing your with a nice boost to withstand powerful attacks from sniper rifles and other weapons.
- It’s always worth tweaking your aiming sensitivity settings in Fortnite Battle Royale, particularly when weapon recoil is a key factor when firing automatic weapons.
Best weapons to use
In a survival simulator like Fortnite Battle Royale, weapons are of paramount importance in order to make it to the final 10 players standing. As such, you need to always be on the lookout for the most powerful weapons and other items in the game, and there are some tricks to tell which items you should prioritise over others.
At the beginning, the loot items in Fortnite Battle Royale are color coded, according to rarity. Plain/grey items are common, while the rest of the item colors from common to rare are green, purple, and gold. In other words, whenever you come across purple or gold items in Fortnite Battle Royale, you want to make way for them in your limited inventory.
Green, purple, and gold weapons will always have perks and other bonuses that the more common versions of the same weapons won’t have. For example, a common assault rifle won’t have a scope, and will be less accurate, while the green, purple, or gold varieties of the assault rifle will be more accurate, and will likely come with a scope.
Also Sniper rifles in the game are unmatched in power, as they can actually kill someone without a shield in a single hit in the upper half of the body. As you might imagine, shotguns are also one of the more powerful weapons in Fortnite Battle Royale, and they actually have some decent range on them, meaning you don’t necessarily have to get up close to a player for the shotgun to inflict some serious damage.
Also weapons that inflict either area based damage or have a rapid rate of fire, tend to be the best to use in Fortnite Battle Royale. Weapons like the grenade launcher are great at destroying any cover that your opponents are using, while assault rifles are excellent weapons at both close and long range, especially if you happen to stumble across a rarer variety with increased accuracy.
The basic rule of Fortnite Battle Royale is always prioritise weapons based on rarity and damage, especially considering you’ve got a maximum of five inventory slots to use up. Always make sure to leave some room for healing items like bandages and health kits as well, as you don’t want to be stuck in a firefight with no way to heal your wounds.
Now as you have come to know the best weapons shape the battlefield by building your own cover and aim to be victorious.