playMGM sports betting app for your mobile from MGM Casino
Are you interested in mobile sports wagering at Las Vegas then visit MGM grand on your cell phone. The company launched the playMGM a cell phone app in May 2016 with which you can do some sports betting from anywhere in the state of Nevada. Now discover the fastest way to bet and win real money on your favorite sports from Vegas’s biggest sportsbook. Find your bet in a flash using their live cloud of the most active markets or intelligent search. Pick your own combination parlays and round robins with incredible payouts to add to the excitement.
How to get started
- As you need to be a MGM Resorts International M life member to use this app you need to sign up for it which takes few moments when you visit in person at any MGM Resorts Sportsbook outlet in Las Vegas. Or visit mlife.com and sign up today!
- Bring your M life Rewards card and photo I.D. to the Race & Sports counter of any participating MGM Resorts destination.
You can visit any of the participating resorts: Bellagio, ARIA, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur.
- It is very simple to get started with playMGM. Just download the playMGM app all free from iTunes store if you own iPhone or iPad iOS device and from here if you own an Android smartphone or tablet.
- Open the playMGM app, fund your account and start wagering!
- You have the option to make a Deposit or withdraw cash at any participating MGM Resorts Race & Sports Book or Deposit or withdraw funds via the playMGM Prepaid Card
- Signup for the card today by selecting “Deposit by Card” or “Withdraw to Card” in the Wallet section of the playMGM app. For more information, visit the MGM Prepaid Card website here.
Note that M life Rewards gets you access to the best MGM Resorts has to offer. Members earn benefits for virtually every dollar spent. Join today and receive:
- Up to 20% off room rates
- Pre-sale ticket offers to the best entertainment
- Discounts at participating retail shops
- Access to exclusive M life Moments
M life Rewards also offers amazing flexibility with the ability to enjoy benefits and redeem rewards at MGM Resorts Destinations in Las Vegas and beyond.
Features of the playMGM App
The app offers some of the best features.
- You can place wagers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in Nevada.
- Make easy deposit and withdraw at the sportsbook counter whilst you are in an MGM Resorts destination.
- Also the FREE playMGM pre-paid card works anywhere with your sports betting account.
- You can bet the widest range of markets in more sports, pre-live and in-game.
- Also build your bet slip to create parlays, teasers and round robins
- What’s more even Non-US residents are welcome.
- Registrations, deposits and withdrawals can be made at the following MGM Resorts destinations: Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, The Mirage Hotel & Casino, Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, New York–New York Hotel & Casino, Luxor Hotel & Casino, Excalibur Hotel & Casino and Circus-Circus Hotel & Casino
How to get the winnings withdrawn
You may stop by any MGM Resorts International Race and Sports Books location during operating hours and make a withdrawal of any amount. You may also remotely transfer funds to your playMGM prepaid account. Enroll and withdrawal to your playMGM prepaid account by logging into your playMGM mobile app, selecting Wallet from the menu options, and selecting “Withdrawal to Card.
Rules to follow for sports wagering with your cell phone
- You must be at least 21 years of age to enter into race and sports wagering with your cell phone
- For an individual account you must personally appear and furnish MGM Resorts International Race and Sports Book with valid proof of identification and social security number prior to activating an account.
- Management reserves the right to refuse any application, to suspend an account for reasons it deems sufficient, to terminate and settle the account balance with the patron for reasons it deems sufficient.
- Only the person named and identified as the account holder for an individual account can conduct transactions on the account. No agents or representatives will be permitted to access the account. Wagers placed through the Mobile Wagering App are binding when the patron verifies and confirms purchase of wager displayed on the screen.
- Wagers will not be accepted if they exceed the balance in the account.
- You may also deposit and withdraw funds using the playMGM pre-paid debit card when associated with your playMGM Mobile Wagering Account. Other debit cards may not be used.
- The winnings are subject to IRS reporting and/or withholdings.
- Wagers placed through the Mobile Wagering App are the sole responsibility of the account holder. Management is not responsible for unauthorized access to the account.
- History of transactions placed through the Mobile Wagering App will be available for a minimum of 60-days in the My Wagers and statement pages.
- If you do not place any wagers for 365 days consecutively your account will be suspended from play and classified as dormant. To reactivate the account you must appear in person at any location which is available for account opening to re-validate your identity.
- For wagers made through the Mobile Wagering App, the terms of your wager are displayed before you tap “Place Bet,” which action is deemed an acceptance of the wager terms by you. The acceptance of the wager request is displayed in a confirmation message on your mobile device and can be reviewed in the My Wagers section of the Mobile Wagering App at any time.
- Payment of winning wagers will be made when MGM Resorts International confirms and posts results. Winning wagers will be applied directly to your Mobile Wagering Account.
- Wagers may only be accepted from within the state of Nevada. MGM Resorts International Race and Sports Books are prohibited by law from accepting wagers originating from outside the state of Nevada.
Some of the tips you can follow when placing a wager with your cell phone app
- You can make any bet be it teasers, halftime,with the exception of Parlay Cards, Buying ½ Points, Contests, and Pari-Mutuel Racing. To add selections to your parlay slip just select a bet by tapping with your finger either on the matrix at the top of the screen or else a proposition bet from the list at the foot of the screen. A small menu will pop up from the bottom of the screen. You can either add the bet to your parlay slip or directly place a straight bet by tapping the relevant item.
- When you see a bet flashing yellow this means that the price has been updated and the notifies you. If you are betting on this market you will need to accept the new price (or reject it and place a different bet) before continuing.
- To clear selections from your parlay just swipe left to right from the left hand side of the parlay slip with your finger on the item you wish to remove. Then simply tap ‘Remove’.
- Teasers require you to pick the outcome of two or more basketball or football games. They are not available for other sports.
- A bet might be rejected for a variety of reasons. It doesn’t happen often but it may be that book is full for this market and no further bets can be accepted. It may equally be that the something has happened with the event itself. You can try to place the same bet a little later to see if this is a temporary issue or you can choose to place a completely different bet.
- Once you have placed a bet, you can return to the application at any time and look at the results of your bets via the menu item MY WAGERS. You can filter your bet history according to whether the bet is still open, won or lost. Additionally, whenever you have won a bet you will receive a message accordingly, pushed to your mobile device.
In case you lost your phone or want to switch to other cell phone note that your account is entirely safe. You can re-download the application and login with your new device at any time. If you’re in any way concerned you can always change your PIN at the desk or via the application on your new device.
Also if you are locked out of your account because of failed log-in attempts you can reset your PIN from the application log-in page via an SMS to your device. Failing that, simply go to the desk.
The casino is required to issue you an IRS Form W-2G for Certain Gambling Winnings if you receive a payout of at least 300 times your wager and your winnings exceed $600. If your payout exceeds $5,000 and is at least 300 times your wager, you’ll be required to submit a W-2G and 25% of your winnings will be withheld for tax purposes. If either scenario arises, you will automatically be notified with a message pushed to your device. When you withdraw your winnings at the Race and Sports Book, you will be provided with the necessary paperwork.
To retrieve your winnings you can generate a withdrawal code from within the application and then take this to the desk along with your M life card and photo ID to finalized your transaction. You’ll find this function under the WALLET > WITHDRAW tab in the menu. If you have a pre-paid card attached to your account then you may wish to withdraw to the card via the application.